|Topical Application of Fluoride Code Change: D1208
Procedure code D1203 currently used by Ohio Medicaid for coverage of the topical application of fluoride, including fluoride varnish, has been obsoleted as part of the annual 2013 Healthcare Common Procedure Code System (HCPCS) coding changes.
For dates of service on and after 01/01/2013, providers should bill CDT code D1208 "Topical application of fluoride" for the topical application of fluoride (including fluoride varnish).
This HCPCS coding change and program coverage change will initially be implemented through an executive order and emergency rule as part of the annual HCPCS coding update. A regular rule filing will follow to replace the emergency rule.
- Bureau of Managed Health Care
- Healthchek (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment) Program Rules
- Medicaid Dental Services Handbook
- Medicaid Fee Schedule (to find dental codes, search for "D0110")
- Medicaid Rules for Ambulatory Health Care Clinics
- Medicaid Rules for Dental Providers
- Ohio Medicaid Basics 2013, from the Health Policy Institute of Ohio
- Ohio Medicaid Expansion Study reports
- Provider Assistance, Ombudsman and MACs
- Provider Manuals from Managed Care Plans