Medicaid & Dental Care Coverage in Ohio
Below you can see each branch of dental care to find out what Medicaid in Ohio covers and does not cover.
- Braces – covered if they are medically necessary. Medicaid covers medical braces but does not cover cosmetic braces;
- Checkups and Cleanings – 2 cleanings per year are covered for adults. Adults may have a copay of $3 per each visit;
- Dentures – dentures that are medically necessary are covered;
- Dental Implants – not covered by Medicaid;
- Dental/Oral Surgery – covered by Medicaid if it is medically necessary;
- Fillings, Extractions, and Crowns – extractions that are medically necessary are covered, at a cost of $3 copay per visit;
- Teeth Whitening – not covered by Medicaid;
- Root Canals – covered if they are medically necessary, at a cost of $3 copay per visit;
- X-rays – 2 x-rays per year together with checkups and cleanings.
Important: Medicaid in Ohio covers not only dental care for those emergency situations.