- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2001. Recommendations for using fluoride to prevent and control dental caries in the United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: Recommendations and Reports 50(RR 14):1–42.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Liaison with Other Groups Committee. 2008. Guidelines on fluoride therapy. Pediatric Dentistry 30(7):121–124.
- Casamassimo P, Holt K. 2004. Bright Futures in Practice: Oral Health—Pocket Guide. Washington, DC: National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center.
- Marinho VC, Higgins JP, Logan S, Sheiham A. 2003. Topical fluoride (toothpastes, mouthrinses, gels or varnishes) for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (4):CD002782.
- Weintraub JA, Ramos-Gomez F, Jue B, Shain S, Hoover CI, Featherstone JD, Gansky SA. 2006. Fluoride varnish efficacy in preventing early childhood caries. Journal of Dental Research 85(2):172–176.
- Sköld-Larsson K, Modéer T, Twetman S. 2000. Fluoride concentration in plaque in adolescents after topical application of different fluoride varnishes. Clinical Oral Investigations 4(1):31–34.
- Eakle WS, Featherstone JD, Weintraub JA, Shain SG, Gansky SA. 2004. Salivary fluoride levels following application of fluoride varnish or fluoride rinse. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 32(6):462–469.
- Hale KJ. American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Pediatric Dentistry. 2003. Oral health risk assessment timing and establishment of the dental home. Pediatrics 111(5):1113–1116.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Pediatric Dentistry. 2008. Preventive oral health intervention for pediatricians. Pediatrics 122(6):1387–1394.