This module focuses on infection control in school-based dental sealant programs. The module
presents procedures for infection control in dental sealant programs for screenings and dental
sealant application and is based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
infection-control recommendations and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) infection-control regulations.
- List three factors that make infection control a challenge for school-based dental sealant
- List three things that program staff should do to protect their health.
- Explain what determines the need for personal protective equipment (e.g., gloves, face
protection, protective clothing).
- List the two options for sterilizing instruments in Ohio.
- Explain the Centers for Disease Control’s recommendation for water used for routine dental